Here at South Devon Dental, our first responsibility is a simple one – keep your natural teeth in your mouth, for as long as possible!
The age old saying of, ‘prevention is better than cure,’ is never truer than when it comes to keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
In this blog we explain what a Dental Plan is, what the benefits are to you and how you join up.
Let's get cracking shall we...
What is, a ‘Dental Plan?’
A Dental Plan is an easy and convenient way to access and pay for prevention led dental care in Paignton. These plans ensure you have ongoing access to one of our Dental Hygienists and a Dentist, who help support you in preventing you needing restorations such as fillings and crowns – these can often be costly too!
What are the benefits of being on a Dental Plan?
There are many benefits to being a member of one of our Dental plans, which include:
- Guaranteed access to a Dental Hygienist and Dentist at least once per year, for a Hygiene appointment and check-up.
- Invaluable home care routine advice from our expert team – giving you the tight knowledge and tools to keep those teeth and gums healthy.
- The cost of your Dental Hygienist appointments and check up are covered by the plan – you do not have to pay anything when you attend the appointment!
- Any routine X-Rays are covered by the plan – no need to pay for those at the time of your appointment either.
- Same day emergency cover – so if you have pain, trauma or severe swelling one of our Dentists will see you on that day, within Practice hours to get your out of pain and complete any essential treatments – giving you that peace of mind!
- Access to the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme, which gives you 24/7 access to Dental advice, 365 days per year anywhere in the world!
- A 10% discount on any restorative treatments that you do need – so for example, if a small tooth coloured filling is usually £120.00, the plan for a plan member would be £108.00.
The key thing is to support you in keeping your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime.
How do I join the Dental Plan and how much does it cost?
It is important for one of our Dentist’s to complete a consultation and oral health assessment with you first. Once this is completed, the Dentist can recommend which level of plan you should join, which is reflective of the care you need.
You can join the Dental Plan instantly at reception or at your own pace at home – it is a paperless process, which takes less than 5 minutes to complete. The fee will then be taken by direct debit on or around the 1st of each month. The payment will show as ‘DPAS’ on your bank – don’t worry though, those guys just help us administer the plan, you are a South Devon Dental Patient.
All the prices and levels of plan can be found on our website here.
Why not chat to one of our helpful team about the Dental Plans next time you are in?